Designed for Travel
- The Overhead collapsible bass guitar uses a patented collapsible neck system which allows for assembly/disassembly in a matter of seconds. [View Youtube Video]
- After packing in its travel backpack the Overhead bass can be carried-on to most major airlines, easily fitting in the overhead bin compartment.
- Travel backpack includes a TSA compliant laptop tablet fold-out panel which can be scanned by airport security without having to separately remove laptop.
- Proprietary under-bridge transducer pickup system accurately amplifies the guitar and comes with all Overhead guitars.
Full Tone in a Travel Body
- The Manzer Wedge© design gives a lower shoulder/bout depth that’s deeper than a dreadnought, allowing the smaller body size to deliver great volume and booming bass.
- Bone nut, compensated bone saddle, and ebony bridge pins all help produce the tone preferred by acoustic guitarists.
- Offset sound-hole design maximizes the resonance and volume of the soundboard and proprietary bracing and layup structure produce a spectacular tone for such a compact instrument.
Comfortable to Play
- The Manzer Wedge© design angles the guitar into your body which places the guitar in a comfortable position for fingerboard access and viewing.
- The dual-action steel truss-rod enables fine tuning of relief to suit any playing style.
- Gloss-finish low-c profile neck make this 27 inch scale super comfortable to play.
- Scoop-away™ design gives full access to all 17 frets, yet maximizes inner air volume of the instrument for maximum acoustical volume.
Proprietary Body Design:
Stylized Overhead body shape
Mid-position offset sound hole for maximum resonance
Scoopaway™ for access to all 17 frets while maintaining maximum volume
Beveled back for maximum playing comfort
Manzer Wedge© design for increased volume, comfort and efficiency
Beveled soundboard armrest for maximum comfort
Unidirectional carbon fiber with proprietary carbon fiber bracing
Back and Sides:
Fiberglass reinforced carbon fiber
MOP logo and position markings
27 in (686 mm)
High gloss polyurethane
Carbon Fiber, high break-angle
Grover® 18:1 precision mini chrome tuners
Included Journey™ under-saddle passive transducer pickup system delivers accurate and clear amplification for any PA system or amp.
Removable Neck Assembly:
Stainless steel load-bearing components
Push-button release latch under neck
Large adjustment knob on back
Carbon fiber reinforced traditional C shape with two-way adjustable truss rod
Deep-slotted bone nut
Neck width at nut: 1 23/32 (44 mm)
Neck width at 12th fret: 2.2 in (56 mm)
12 Frets to body
17 Frets total
16 inch Radius, Carbon Fiber
Medium brass fret wire
Guitar Dimensions and Weights:
Weight: 4.1 lbs (1.9kg)
Weight With Case: 7.6 lbs (3.5kg)
Maximum depth: 4.64 in (11.8cm)
Minimum Depth: 3.5 in (8.9 cm)
Body Length: 18 in (45.7cm)
Total Length: 35.5 in (90cm)
Lower Bout Width: 12.5 in (31.8 cm)
Maximum Case Dimensions: L*W*H: 22*14*10 in (55.9*35.5* 22.9 cm)
Travel Backpack Specifications
Tech Travel Ready:
TSA compliant 14-inch computer compartment for optimal airport security inspection
Easy-access tablet pocket for up to 9.5 inch tablet devices
All- Premium Material Construction:
Extra-durable Ballistic Nylon external case with premium nylon and velour lining
Extra-padded Body compartment with premium velour
Internally-accessible padded neck compartment with premium velour and string slot
Padded string panel with strings positioning tab
Padded Top and Side handles
Extra Compartments for Your Journey:
Internal/externally accessible compartment for accessories
Additional external topside pocket for additional accessories
Additional elastic pockets in computer compartment
Hideaway, reinforced padded backpack straps with padded back
Maximum Case Dimensions: L*W*H: 22*14*9 in ( 55.9*35.5* 22.9 cm)