Designed for Travel
The J-ukeTM US470CTE is Journey Instruments’ take on what a premium travel uke should be. This full-scale Soprano-size sitka/meranti travel ukulele is fitted with a super-cool scoopaway and premium appointments and tonewoods to deliver optimal tone and playability for ukulele players on-the go.
The J-ukeTM is made with a premium grade solid sitka top and engineered meranti back and sides with sitka bracing. We use premium open-back tuners to keep the weight down. Meranti is a phenomenal tonewood with a clear and resonant tone and a shimmer that is truly eye-catching. The Pau Ferro scoopaway gives great access to upper frets and just looks friggin’ cool. Pau Ferro binding and rosette with matching bridge and fingerboard make for a distinctive and elegant ukulele look.
Paired with our JourneyTekTM ukulele travel case, the J-ukeTM becomes the most travel-friendly ukulele around. Designed with premium high-density polyethelyne foam, a reinforced neck pad, a ballistic nylon shell, and rubberized protective panels on the bottom, the JourneytekTM case is engineered for maximum instrument protection. But this is the only the beginning of an awesome travel bag. An abundance of daisy chains enables you to clip your ukulele on to any other backpack, and make it a chinch to clip it directly to other JourneyTekTM instrument and travel bags – or simply use the adjustable shoulder strap to comfortably carry your uke hands-free. The JourneyTekTM uke case comes with tons of storage space too! Our patented neck pockets enable you to store your “case candy,” digital accessories, and other essentials by taking advantage of the space on the sides of the instrument neck. The pleated main pocket expands to fit even more gear, and the expandable front mesh pocket gives you even more.
- Traditional Soprano Ukulele body shape with 21” overall length
- Solid Sitka with satin finish
- Pau Ferro scoop-away
Back and Sides:
- Layered Meranti with satin finish
- MOP logo and position markings
- Ovangkol Binding
- Ovangkol rosette
- Ovangkol scoopaway
- STRAP BUTTONS INCLUDED!!!
- 13.5 inch full scale
- 12 frets to body, 15 frets total
- Satin on soundboard, back, and sides
Bridge and Fingerboard:
- 14:1 precision mini ebonoid open-back tuners
- Included Journey™ under-saddle passive transducer pickup system
- Traditional C shape Mahogany
- Engineered bone nut
Ukulele Dimensions and Weights:
- Weight: 1.0 lbs (.44 kg)
- Weight With Case: 2.4 lbs (1.1 kg)
- Maximum depth: 2.75 in (7 cm)
- Body Length: 11 in (28 cm)
- Lower Bout Width: 8 in (20.5 cm)
JourneyTek Uke Case Specifications:
Travel-sized case with maximum protection and expansive pockets and daisy chains for traveling with gear.
All- Premium Material Construction:
- Extra-durable Ballistic Nylon external case with premium nylon and velour lining
- Extra-padded high-density foam body compartment with premium velour
- Tough-coated bottom section for protection on the bottom of the case.
- Premium side handle for easy carrying.
- Detachable Padded shoulder strap
- X-stitching on all major joints
- Oversized zipper-pulls with padlock loops for secure and convenient closure.
- Metal rings and clips
- Additional side clips for secure attachment to additional bags and gig bags.
Extra Compartments for Your Journey:
- Two large patented neck pockets for accessories.
- Large pleated front zipper pocket.
- Large expandable mesh pocket for maximum storage.
Maximum Case Dimensions: L*W*H: 23*9*3.5 in (58*22*9cm)